- Identify your top three goals.
- Make a list of all your weekly tasks supporting those goals.
- Designate deadlines and note them in your calendar.
- Schedule activities in your calendar with start and end times.
- Use a kitchen timer to stay on schedule.
- Evaluate your productivity each week and adjust accordingly.
2. ELIMINATE MULTITASKING.
- Multitasking is often praised; however, the lack of focus may lead to mistakes and slower productivity.
- Flex your focus muscle by managing one project at a time—you’ll be more productive!
3. CREATE ROUTINE.
- Create routine by scheduling activities at the same day and time each week.
- This automates productivity and supports your commitments.
4. PLAN TO PLAN.
- An extra 30 minutes to organize and prioritize your week may seem unnecessary, but this will help increase productivity. For example, shopping for groceries with a list promotes a healthy budget, waistline, and schedule. Without a list, you may lose productivity by returning to the store multiple times. (Totally done that 😊 )
5. ASSESS YOUR APPROACH.
- At the end of each week, assess your time management approach. Take note of distractions and
- productive influencers. Uh hello Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and my email.
6. SCHEDULE DOWNTIME.
- Giving your mind and body time to relax allows for reflection, recharging, and rejuvenation.
- This could be for a breathing exercise, meditation, listening to music, or reading a book.