When you know its going to be too hot for your outdoor workout, plan ahead with some good indoor alternatives. Here are some below – they all burn calories and combinations of them do double duty!
* Rent or borrow fitness and yoga DVDs
* Do 50 jumping jacks, sit-ups, side bends, and squats. Do it in a rotation of 25 reps & rotate.
* Workout with the Wii Fit or Xbox Kinect
* Walk up and down stairs
* Clean the house - the whole house!
* Swim at the local pool.
* Put on the music and just DANCE!
If you feel the need to still go outside for your workout, be sure to take precautions.
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Don't over exert yourself- you don't want to overheat or get dizzy
- Be sure to dress appropriately
- Avoid working out during the hottest time of the day - pay attention to the forecast
- Most importanly, if you feel dizziness, nausea, numbness, or muscle cramps be sure to stop. This is a sign your body is not well in the heat and needs a break!
Be safe and enjoy your weekend~